Elements Hair Studio offers nail services such as Acrylic Nails-Sculpted and Tips, Gel Nails, Natural Nail Manicures, and Relaxing Spa Pedicures in a private room featuring comfortable massage/heated whirlpool bath chairs. We are able take appointments for multiple services in our pedicure room which makes for a fun and enjoyable time with a friend! After all, it’‘s much more than a nail service, it’s your style.
Treat yourself to a professional manicure that leaves your hands smooth, healthy and well groomed. This service involves detailed nail and cuticle care, polish application and relaxing hand massage.
Nail Polish Change
Your polish is removed and reapplied.
Shellac is a breakthrough patent-pending UV3 technology that combines the ease of a polish application with the durability of gel nails. Shellac Manicure includes filing, cuticle detailing, buffing, Shellac polish cured with UV light and massage.
This service includes the repairing of a specific nail or nails and is typically done in between routine maintenance.
There are plenty of reasons to get artificial fingernails. Maybe you’re going to a wedding or reunion and you want to look sharp. Or perhaps you’ve had trouble growing your nails long and need assistance.
Gel, acrylic, and silk nails are widely used. Most people choose gels or acrylics when they’re committing for a longer time. Silks are most often used for a shorter time to strengthen nail tips or repair nail trauma, rather than making nails longer.
Your nail technician will mix a liquid with a powder and brush the mixture onto your nails. They’ll usually cover your entire nail, though sometimes they’ll just add tips or a flexible form that they can sculpt to extend your nails.
The product hardens as it is exposed to the air. You may notice a strong odor during the application process, but it isn’t harmful, provided the room has good ventilation.
Upkeep: Over time, acrylics grow out with your nails. Every two to three weeks, you should return to the salon to have your nails filled in. Your technician will gently file down the acrylic edge closest to your nail bed, then fill in the empty area between your nail bed and the existing acrylic nail.
Removal: When you decide to have your acrylics removed, your nail technician will remove them quite easily, with no forcing or prying, after soaking your hands in nail polish remover for 15 minutes.
Unlike toothpaste-thick gel products of the past, today’s gels have a similar consistency to nail polish.
They are brushed onto your nails, nail tips, or nail appliqués to extend length. After your nail technician applies each coat, you must put your nails under ultraviolet (UV) light for up to two minutes to “cure” or harden the product. There is no odor during the application process. Gels are more expensive than acrylics, but they may hold their color longer without chipping, so you may not mind the steeper price.
Maintenance: Like acrylics, gels grow out with your nails and need to be filled in every two to three weeks. Your technician will gently file down the gel edge closest to your nail bed, and then fill in the empty area between your nail bed and the existing gel nail.
Removal: You can remove most gel nails by soaking them in nail polish remover. Some nail-sized wraps are filled with nail polish remover, which can loosen the artificial nails enough for removal, without drying out your hands.
These fabric wraps are glued in place to strengthen weak nails or help a cracked nail grow out. Some wraps are made of silk, but others are made of linen, paper, or fiberglass.
Your nail technician will fit the material to your nail’s shape, hold it in place and brush on the glue.
Silks are intended to be temporary, and the adhesives will loosen within two or three weeks, or sooner if you wash dishes by hand without gloves. Your nail technician can remove or reapply them at your follow-up visit.
10 Tips for Artificial Nails
1. Go to a pro to get your nails. At-home products require a lot of skill.
2. Don’t peel off your artificial nails. “They’re designed to adhere to the nail, so if you peel them off, it yanks off the top layer of your nail.
3. Choose a nail technician based on recommendations from friends, rather than basing it only on location or price. “A lot of people walk into the salon down the street because they see a price in the window that looks attractive, but they’re not getting the same service as they would going to someone educated with the right skills. If your nail technician isn’t experienced, she can file your nail plate too thin when applying gels or acrylics, which can damage your nails.
4. Your nail salon should look clean and disinfect tools between clients.
5. Your nail technician should wash their hands before working on your nails and ask you to do the same.
6. Leave your cuticles alone. Don’t let anyone at the nail salon cut or push back your cuticles. Breaking the seal between your fingernail and nail bed can lead to infections.
7. Don’t bandage or try to repair a damaged nail yourself. Go to a professional so you don’t get a nail infection.
8. Ask your technician how to care for your nails between visits. It’s important to get a good, knowledgeable nail technician, someone who can teach you how to properly maintain your nails.
9. Speak up if something seems off. Tell your technician if you’re in any pain after your artificial nails have been applied, because they aren’t supposed to hurt.
10. Go natural now and then. Skipping artificial nails occasionally will give your own nails a break.
This service includes a full set application of artificial nails.
Recommended every two weeks to maintain an artificial full set. This service includes a polish change.
Glue and Buff
Buffing of the grown out portion of the nail and applying a thin coat of glue to refresh the look of your artificial nails followed by a perfect polish application.
Balance your feet and relax from your soles up as your feet and lower legs are soothed and stimulated by one of our nail designers.
Treat your feet in our therapeutic pedicure chair. Includes foot soak, cuticle and nail grooming, skin smoothing with an exfoliating lotion, foot mask with hot towel, a foot and lower leg massage and an application of nail color.
Express Pedicure includes a spa soak, nails trimmed & filed, cuticle work and polish application. A good choice for clients who have pedicures regularly.
Toe Polish Change
Get your toes ready for sandals and flip flops with a quick toe polish change